Users are recommended to remind themselves of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Regulations on the use of Information Technology Facilities.
For staff and students using eVision, here are some simple guidelines to help you keep within the bounds of the Regulation:
- Adopt secure passwords, keep them secure and change them regularly.
- Do not reveal your password to another person.
- Do not reveal any personal data to unauthorised third parties.
- Keep hard copies of personal data in locked drawers/filing cabinets and dispose of them securely by shredding or putting them in a confidential waste bin.
- Keep electronic copies of personal data (reports, spreadsheets, etc) in a secure directory, or password-protect them if held elsewhere.
- Do not download reports from eVision onto a home computer or laptop.
- Log out of eVision or lock your workstation if leaving your desk, or have a password-protected screensaver set to activate within ten minutes or less.
- Never leave screens showing personal data at the top screen when you leave your desk at all, even if it’s just for the minute it takes you to get a printout from the printer.
- Do not leave printouts of personal data on the printer.
- Destroy both electronic and hard copies of personal data when they are no longer needed.
If you have any questions about GDPR and how it affects your work, further information can be obtained from the Data Protection and Information Security page.
Cookie Settings - eVision
A cookie is a small file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.